If you’re asking yourself “Why should I hire a personal injury attorney?”, you’ve already answered your own question. After a personal injury, one of the very first things you should do is find an attorney to fight your corner. Without one, you’ll be stressed, anxious and unable to find closure on your accident. With one, you dramatically increase your chances of a successful outcome.
Let’s take a look at all the reasons you should consider hiring a personal injury attorney.
Why Should I Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Hiring a personal injury attorney is easier than ever. But just because it’s easy, is it the right thing to do? Here are all the reasons you should:
1) Contingency Fee Basis
So, why should I hire a personal injury attorney? The first thing you should know is that the vast majority of personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. A contingency fee agreement is an agreement between you and your lawyer as to how you expect to pay. The majority of lawyers work on an hourly fee basis: your attorney charges you for every hour of work they do for you.
By contrast, personal injury attorneys work on contingency. This means that you don’t pay unless you win your case. This is great news for anybody who wouldn’t otherwise be able to afford a lawyer. A typical contingency fee is between 25 and 30%.
2) No More Worrying
Next up, you can stop worrying: and this really is a blessing. Having to multitask is always stressful. After an accident, you have to think of:
- Winning your case (if you go it alone)
- Collecting details and evidence to send to your insurance provider
- Getting your car or bike back on the road
- Getting back to work as soon as possible
- Focusing on your recovery, so you’re comfortable working and looking after your family
By contacting a personal injury lawyer, you’re outsourcing a huge amount of work to a dedicated professional. You’ll have far less on your mind, and be able to relax. You can spend more time with your family instead, and take your mind away from the accident. Compare that to taking on the case for yourself—all you’ll be able to think about is what happened. Which would you prefer?
3) Concentrate on Your Recovery
Another positive aspect to outsourcing the work on your case is that you can get back to health much quicker than you otherwise would. In the same way that your mind can stop worrying, your body can start recovering. Did you know that stress exacerbates inflammation? It’s true.
Outsourcing your case to an attorney simply gives you more time to actively work on recovering. You can spend your time more wisely on things like:
- Being with your family during a difficult time
- Spending time with a physiotherapist, who can help you recover much faster
- Spending time with a chiropractor, who can also help you recover quickly
With more time to spend on yourself, and less stress, you’ll find it much easier to make a claim.
4) More Chance of Success
Not only is it easier for you, you also dramatically increase your chance of winning your case. Your attorney knows every trick of the trade to win over an insurance company and get the amount you deserve.
Part of the reason for the great success rate of contingency fee attorneys is the consultation stage. During this stage, you have an initial meeting with the attorney. You’ll talk about the ins and outs of your case, and why you think you should be given compensation. But before your attorney takes your case on, they’ll give their honest verdict on whether it’s worth pursuing. After all, a contingency fee lawyer only gets paid if they win. It’s in their best interests to only take on winnable cases.
5) Improved Outcomes
Not only is it more likely that your claim succeeds, but it’s also more likely that you’ll get a bigger settlement too. This is because of how insurance companies go about their business.
Insurance companies earn their living from giving out less than they take in. That’s a fact of life, and that’s why they’ll fight tooth and nail to prevent you from getting what you ought to. They do this by taking advantage of every trick in the book. You have to be prepared for:
- Every offer they send being lower than what you expect
- Offers when you’re feeling low: telling you there’s no chance of your claim succeeding, and then sending you an offer soon after
- Claims that your evidence is insufficient yo prove your case
- Repeated demands for more evidence
If this is your first time fighting a personal injury case, you might not appreciate how difficult it is to tell a good offer from a bad one. Fortunately, your attorney does. They know what you’re likely to get, and whether an offer is worth accepting. That’s expertise in action.
6) It’s Easier Than Ever
So, even accounting for all that, why should I hire a personal injury attorney? Well, it’s also easier than ever to get started on your case. With 719-PAIN, all it takes is one phone call.
719-PAIN is a free service for Colorado Springs residents. We can help you find a physician, chiropractor or personal injury attorney, all in one call. Here’s how.
- Call the 719-PAIN hotline.
- Talk with one of our trained advisors. Their non-invasive questions will help you find the help you need.
- Ask them whatever you want, too: Why should I hire a personal injury attorney? What can one do for me?
- You will then be forwarded to whatever help you need: chiropractors, physicians or personal injury attorneys. Or all three: whatever you need.
It really is as simple as that. We don’t charge you for the service, and we don’t take fees to make certain recommendations either. So what have you got to lose? Give us a call today!